Bridge International Academies respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This policy explains when and how we collect your personal data when you use our website (the “Site”), and the rights you have over your own information.
Bridge International Academies reserves the right to modify or add to these Terms at any time without prior notice (“Updated Terms”). You agree that we may notify you of the Updated Terms by posting them on the Site, and that your use of the Site after we have posted the Updated Terms (or engaging in such other conduct as we may reasonably specify) constitutes your agreement to the Updated Terms. Therefore, you should review these Terms every time you visit and before using our Site. The Updated Terms will be effective as of the time of posting, or such later date as may be specified in the Updated Terms, and will apply to your use of the Site from that point forward.
Bridge International Academies website may contain content that is hosted and served by third parties, which may include Third Party widgets (such as those that allow you to share content with Third Party web sites and online services). Our Site may also contain links to other Third Party web sites that we do not control. In addition, Bridge International Academies widgets may be included on web pages and web sites that are not associated with us, and over which we have no control. These third parties may collect information about you through the use of their own cookies and web beacons, may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. Bridge International Academies is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any Third Party.
Information about who we are
Bridge International Academies believes every child has the right to high quality education and works in partnership with governments, communities, parents and teachers and has empowered more than 300,000 children with quality education in underserved communities across Africa and Asia. Bridge leverages in-depth teacher training and support, advanced lesson plans and wireless technology to provide pupils with a meaningful and life-changing education.
Globally, there is an education crisis. Around 263 million children and young people are not in school and the number of primary school aged children not in school is increasing. Bridge is committed to helping tackle this through a data driven, evidence-based approach that delivers strong schools and a great education for all.
Bridge International Academies refers to the collective of Bridge International Academies, UK; New Globe Schools USA; Bridge International Academies Kenya, Bridge Partnership Schools for Liberia, Bridge Schools, Uganda; Bridge International Academies, Nigeria and Bridge International Academies, India. This policy refers to the personal information processed by these organisations.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy or would like to exercise your rights under it, please contact us:
Address: Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman Street, London E1 8FA United Kingdom.
For visitors using this website from Nigeria, please note the following:
- references to contact details in this policy shall be the contact details of Bridge International Academies, Nigeria.
- references in this policy to “supervisory authority” mean the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
- please contact us at:
Address: 256 Murtala Mohammed Way, Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos
Email address for queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by it. This includes a person’s contact details, date of birth and their IP address.
In other words, personal information is anything which can be used to identify you (either by itself or when combined with other information).
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
In other words, processing refers to all stages of collecting, storing and using your personal information.
“supervisory authority” means the body having oversight of data protection administration in a country or jurisdiction.
How our website works
The data we collect about you
There are a number of areas on our website where you may provide personal data to Bridge International Academies. These include but are not limited to:
- Registering for Bridge International Academies email updates;
- Making a donation to Bridge International Academies;
- Engaging with us using social media channels;
- When you visit and spend time on our website.
When you provide your information to us, we will only use the information for the purposes for which it is provided, for any compatible purposes and to fulfil our legal or regulatory obligations, unless you have agreed for your data to be used for other purposes. Sometimes, to help us tailor our communications, we may use information from publicly available sources such as the companies registry or information published in the media.
When will we send you marketing communications?
We will only contact you for marketing purposes (for example, to keep you up to date on our work based on your previous responses to our campaigns, or let you know of ways in which you can support that work) where we have your consent.
At each place that you provide your personal data on our website, there is an opportunity for you to express your preferences in relation to marketing communications from us. Where you provide your consent to such communications, you can withdraw consent or change your preferences at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button on any marketing communication or by sending an email to email@example.com. We never sell or share your information with entities outside Bridge International Academies for their marketing purposes.
Links to other Affiliate websites
- You make a donation in a region where there is a Bridge International Academies affiliate;
- You register to donate;
- You sign up to receive news from affiliate organisations.
Who might we share your information with
We may share your information with other members of the Bridge International Academies family. We may also share your information with third parties who process data on our behalf, but only where we place obligations on them in relation to the security of the data and require them to use the data only as we instruct.
Your data and social media
How do we protect your data
We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details. For example, our online forms are always encrypted and our network is protected and routinely monitored. We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately authorised staff.
If we use external companies to collect or process personal data on our behalf, we put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements in relation to security of the data they access or process.
How long do we keep your data
We will only retain the data you provide to us through our website for as long as required by applicable laws or as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with any consents provided. We will delete personal data at the end of this period unless we wish to use it for statistical purposes, in which case we will anonymise it, such that you cannot be re-identified with it.
You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you, including how we process the information. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please make a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide this information to you without charge, unless requests are manifestly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, in which case we are entitled to charge an administration fee.
You also have a right to have inaccurate information we hold about you rectified or removed and a right, in some circumstances, to restrict or object to us processing your information, or to seek erasure of your data. If you believe we are not respecting your rights, you are entitled to make a complaint to a relevant supervisory authority.
Your other rights include:
- right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data;
- right to object to the manner of processing of your data;
- right to request us to transfer your data to another entity electronically where possible.
Please note that withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent given before withdrawal.
Time Frame for Remedies
This shall be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction or the supervisory authority, as the case may be.
The legal basis on which we hold and use your data will vary depending on the activity involved. In some cases, we might hold the data because it is needed to fulfil a contract or meet our legal obligations (i.e. a donation), in others because it is in our legitimate interest to do so, and in others, because you have consented to this use. We note that the legal basis on which we process your data will influence your specific rights.
If you are under 18, please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you send us any information about yourself, this includes but is not limited to any text, contact information, photos, videos and messages.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. We will always detail, at the beginning of this notice, the date it was last updated and you should check back from time to time.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of this Site is provided by Bridge International Academies subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Your access and/or use of the Website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the website.
- Bridge International Academies reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified. You should therefore review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
- You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the website by any Third Party.
- The website and the information, names, images, pictures, trademarks regarding or relating to Bridge International Academies are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. To the extent permitted by law, Bridge International Academies excludes all liability for any loss or damages including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or damages, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the website, whether in contract or in negligence. These terms and conditions do not limit or exclude Bridge International Academies from liability resulting from negligence, fraud or any liability which cannot be excluded in accordance with applicable law.
- Bridge International Academies does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in the website will be: uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that the website, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represent the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- All intellectual property in the website and the material or information it contains (including without limitation copyright, designs, database rights and trade marks (registered or unregistered) is and shall remain the property of Bridge International Academies or its Third Party licensors.
- Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without authorisation from Bridge International Academies. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence by Bridge International Academies to use any item displayed.
- Materials in the website may be copied for personal use only on the condition that all copyright notices and source indications are also reproduced, no modifications are made and each relevant item is copied in its entirety. However, some materials have been published on the website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Bridge International Academies). All rights are reserved on these materials and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (as indicated within these materials).
- Bridge International Academies takes no responsibility for the content of external internet websites. Following links to any other websites or pages shall be at your own risk and Bridge International Academies shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages resulting from the use of such other websites.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the website including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. Bridge International Academies reserves the right to remove any such communication or material from the Website at its own discretion.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of the website must be terminated immediately.
Like most websites, our Site uses small data files stored on your computer known as ‘Cookies’. Cookies give us insight into how people use our website to help us keep improving it.
Cookies do lots of different things, including but not limited to:
- Enabling you to navigate and use our website, these are called ‘necessary’ cookies because a website cannot function properly without them.
- Avoiding asking you to register or complete details twice.
- Estimating the number of visitors to our Site, including the source and patterns relating to this traffic.
- Understanding how visitors use our Site, and how we can enhance this experience.
Like other sites, we also use Third Party Cookies to measure user behaviour on our Site, to run experiments for improving our Site, for displaying multimedia content or to facilitate social sharing. Some of these tools may install cookies on your computer or device. Here is an overview of the different cookies which might be installed after a visit to bridge.mc-staging.net:
We are using Google Analytics for measuring user behaviour. The cookies installed by Google Analytics help remember user behaviour from page to page and record data about device, location and browser. Users are given a unique ID which does not identify personally but which enables Google to track individual activity and return visits. It is not used to track personal information as all data collected by Google Analytics is being anonymized before it is saved.
Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location. Also, collects information on internet speed to optimise video delivery. On pages where we use YouTube to show you videos, YouTube will save some cookies on your device. Most of the cookies are there to offer you a better functionality in the video player. However, YouTube also saves a cookie for DoubleClick, Google’s advertising platform. This cookie allows Google to track you for advertisement personalization purposes. You can opt-out using Google Ads Settings.
Collects information of the user and his/her movement, such as timestamp for visits, most recently loaded pages and IP address. The data is used by the marketing research network, Scorecard Research, to analyse traffic patterns and carry out surveys to help their clients better understand the customer’s preferences.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
Where relevant, Third Party applications adhere to the EU-U.S and Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework. This was developed to provide companies on both sides of the Atlantic with a mechanism to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. Read more here. As per Article 45 of the agreement, it is consistent with GDPR by providing for the continuity of adequacy determinations made under the EU’s 1995 Data Protection Directive, one of which was the adequacy decision on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
More information about your privacy
If you are concerned about your privacy, we recommend you visit the European Union information page or contact your local or national supervisory authority for specifics where you are. You can also visit the Electronic Frontier Foundation, who have a number of tools to help you control how and where your information is used and what advertising you see.
You can also refer to this guide [accessed 22 May 2018] about how to view and control what cookies are being used across some of the most popular internet browsers in use today.